Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Face Plant IPA

Here is an example of an American IPA that I didn't enjoy, although not for the reason that you might think. Generally, I find American IPAs to be too big on hops, leaving the beer unbalanced and aggressive to drink. This isn't like that. 


I generally don't like beers that have silly names for no reason. My personal preference is when the name has some significance (based on ingredients, location, history, etc). This being said, I have tried beers with what I consider to be stupid names that I have actually really enjoyed. This beer actually has mellow hops, but I found the backbone to be very grainy. I felt like the hops and the malts did not blend together well. This wouldn't be a beer that I would send back, but then again, I never do that. Never. I found it strange that I could taste the alcohol in a beer that is only 6.2% ABV. I don't think that should happen. I can't say I'll be tempted to get another one of these anytime soon.

Glassware: Pint

Synonym Beer: Reminds me of a failed single hop IPA (although I don't believe it is single hop)

If you want me to look at a particular beer, drink, place, or have anything to say to me, email me at monksandmalts@gmail.com. Find me on Facebook and Twitter (@ofmonksandmalts). You can also buy my pictures here: http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/robert-rizzolo.html.




No comments:

Post a Comment