Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tilted Smile

Today I'll cover Tilted Smile, an Imperial Pilsner by Unita Brewing. Unita Brewing produces a ton of different beer varieties, including the Crooked Line, their big bottle series. 


Tilted Smile, as an imperial pilsner, is a beefed up version of a pilsner. It is heavy on the malt and sits at about 9% ABV. While a pilsner can be fantastic, an imperial pilsner is a nice change of pace. It maintains some of the "drinkability" of a pilsner (as much as I hate using that term) while increasing the complexity of the beer. Tilted Smile does a pretty good job keeping the booze out of the flavor, despite the strength. It is good and malty, but has a subtle hoppiness (Saaz hops). I would certainly recommend it for something that is medium bodied, but easy drinking. 


One thing I will say is that these are better unaged. The fresher this bottle, the better the Tilted Smile.

Glassware: Tulip, Pilsner Glass

Synonym Beer: Dogfish Head My Antonia

If you want me to look at a particular beer, drink, place, or have anything to say to me, email me at monksandmalts@gmail.com. Find me on Facebook and Twitter (@ofmonksandmalts). You can also buy my pictures here: http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/robert-rizzolo.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment