Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Peroni Gran Riserva

Peroni might be the most well known beer in Italy, but they also have another, in my opinion, better version: Peroni Gran Riserva. 

Ta Da! 

First things first, they are smarter with this one. The bottles of Gran Riserva are brown, not green, which kind of kills the Nastro Azzuro. It is basically a stronger version of their standard Pale Euro lager. It is 6.6% ABV, so it is indeed a bit stronger than your average beer, but still won't break you. 


It is light and refreshing. The alcohol content doesn't really shine through much at all, which is surprising for a pale lager. I happened to have this one on tap, so I actually can't vouch for it out of a bottle. The draught version of it was quite pleasant. It has a subtle malty flavor, but will a balanced hop bitterness. The flavor was definitely a little grainy, but I like that, so it was ok. If you are looking for a light lager with some flavor, I would certainly say to give this one a shot. Unfortunately, I doubt you will be able to find it anywhere in the states. 


If you notice the two pictures above, Lindsey was skeptical at first, but then surprised by the taste!

Glassware: Mug, Pilsner Glass, Pint

Synonym Beer: Moretti 

If you want me to look at a particular beer, drink, place, or have anything to say to me, email me at monksandmalts@gmail.com. Find me on Facebook and Twitter (@ofmonksandmalts). You can also buy my pictures here: http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/robert-rizzolo.html.


No comments:

Post a Comment