Tuesday, December 11, 2012

This one goes to 11 Ale

Here is an interesting one for the day. This one was brewed by Bell's Brewery to commemorate their 11,000th batch. They appropriately called it: "This one goes to 11 Ale". Shockingly, it has 11% ABV. I am pretty sure this one will be somewhat hard to find, so if you do, it would be worth picking up a bottle (expensive though). Also, if you have never seen This is Spinal Tap, the name is a reference to This is Spinal Tap.


It is defined as a Red/Amber Ale, but I think that it is easily blurring the lines into becoming an Imperial Red/Amber Ale. It was immensely hoppy, but actually rounded out really well. At first whiff, I was convinced that I would hate it, but Bell's is probably my No.1 brewery choice for being able to produce a balanced, yet hop forward beer. It is strong, but drinkable and actually I really enjoyed it. It is definitely too expensive for my everyday tastes, but it was worth a try. 

P.S. I find it a little funny that I have consumed a few different beers and gone to a beer festival that reference Spinal Tap, yet I still haven't seen the movie. 

Glassware: Tulip, Snifter, Pint

Synonym Beer: Ithaca Cascazilla

If you want me to look at a particular beer, drink, place, or have anything to say to me, email me at monksandmalts@gmail.com. Find me on Facebook and Twitter (@ofmonksandmalts). You can also buy my pictures here: http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/robert-rizzolo.html.



No comments:

Post a Comment