Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Bam Noir

It has been far too long since I last mentioned Jolly Pumpkin (almost 2 months)! Bam Noire might just be the best dark saison that I have ever tried. I am tempted to say that it is my favorite Jolly Pumpkin beer, but please don't make me choose.  


Bam Noire, obviously part of Jolly Pumpkin's Bam Series (named after their dog), is a 4.3% ABV dark farmhouse ale. It has all of the funk that you would expect from a Jolly Pumpkin beer, but some added complexity from the darker malts. The taste has a hint of roast, but is dominated by dried and tart fruit. This is one of those beers that you will get different notes depending on outside factors, such as the temperature, as well as any beer that you might have had before. Generally when I drink Bam Noire, I like it to be one of my first couple beers, with the only prior beers being lighter funky beers. Another lovely thing about Jolly Pumpkin beers are that they are great for home brewers. The labels come off very easy and the bottles are a perfect size.  

Look, my friend Shannon likes it!

A quick note on the label: I love that they put bat wings on Bam. God, I love this beer.
As always, don't trust any of my opinions, just go out and buy this one and judge it for yourself.

Glassware: Saison, Tulip, Goblet

Synonym Beer: Tart of Darkness (less sour, more funk)

If you want me to look at a particular beer, drink, place, or have anything to say to me, email me at monksandmalts@gmail.com. Find me on Facebook and Twitter (@ofmonksandmalts). You can also buy my pictures here: http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/robert-rizzolo.html.



No comments:

Post a Comment