Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Elbada

Last one from this brewery, I promise. Seriously. I am sick of them too.


This is a Rossa Doppio Malto style, which is effectively a strong red ale, kind of similar to a doppelbock, but it didn't really turn out that way. It is 8% ABV, so it packs a little bit of a punch, but you don't really notice it while drinking. It actually came across as a little watery. It might be a result of their use of farro, a grain, in the beer. I'm not used to farro being used in beer, so potentially a result could be a lightening of the body, even at high alcohol contents. It tasted sweet, thin, and kind of depressing. I won't belabor the point. I will leave it at: I wish this had been a better set of beers.

Glassware: Mug, Stein

Synonym Beer: No, just no. 

If you want me to look at a particular beer, drink, place, or have anything to say to me, email me at monksandmalts@gmail.com. Buy my pictures here: http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/robert-rizzolo.html. You can send me cool photos too, if you like and I will make a post up for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment