Thursday, July 12, 2012

Versiliese

I haven't spoken poorly of an Italian beer recently, so it seems like it is about time to do so. I have already covered a couple of beers by this brand, with not so good results, so I will try not to belabor the point too much. 


Versiliese is a "Bionda Doppio Malto" which translates to "blonde double malt". Effectively, it is a strong golden ale. It is 8% ABV, so it certainly will pack a punch. I remember that it didn't really taste like booze, which for such a strong beer is a good accomplishment. Unfortunately, it didn't really taste like much at all. I don't really know what it was. It was just kind of light in general. The flavor started out ok, light and grainy. Not the best for such a strong beer, but ok nonetheless. In no time, the flavor dropped away, leaving virtually nothing behind. Simple beer, with a simple flavor. Nothing special. Certainly won't be trying it again soon. Eventually I might, but not soon. 


Glassware: Tulip, Mug

Synonym Beer: I don't want to compare this beer to another. 

If you want me to look at a particular beer, drink, place, or have anything to say to me, email me at monksandmalts@gmail.com. Buy my pictures here: http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/robert-rizzolo.html. You can send me cool photos too, if you like and I will make a post up for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment