Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Double Stout and Taking Chances

Sometimes I like to live on the edge. I walk into my local beverage store and ask for a suggestion. I realize that some people might do this all the time, but I have a very good idea of the beers I like to drink and I also hate turning down suggestions, especially if I just asked for them. Sometimes I give ideas of other things that I like, sometimes I just go with any of their suggestions. This beer happened to be on of the fully random suggestions.


Green Flash Double Stout is an imperial stout, but not an overly strong one, coming in at 8.8% ABV. If I didn't read the label before hand, I would have thought it was around 6%. It is extremely smooth and doesn't have the oppressive, overwhelming flavors that I normally associate with imperial stouts. It was roasty, medium-heavy in body, and oh so very delicious. I will certainly be buying this one again. 

Glassware: Pint, Flagon, Goblet, Tulip

Synonym Beer: Allagash Black

No comments:

Post a Comment