Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Boulevard Tank 7

I seem like a broken record here: I trust Boulevard Brewing Company. They just seem to know how to make beer that I like. They make some of the best Saisons in the US. Here is one of their Smokestack Series, Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale. 


At 8% ABV, it is a little bit stronger than your standard saison, but in this case, I have no qualms about it. The booze does not get in the way of the flavor at all. It is just funky, ever so slightly spicy, and delicious. The body is medium and easy to drink, while the lacing just sticks to the side of the glass and won't let go. I don't know why I love that so much, but I do. The nose is full of all sorts of spices and fruits, but I like to leave those kind of descriptions up to the people drinking it at that particular moment, as a beer can be really different depending on a lot of factors (temperature, previous drinks, etc). 


Regardless, this is a fantastic beer to try. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I will definitely be drinking it again. 

Glassware: Saison, Tulip

Synonym Beer: Mystic Saison Renaud

If you want me to look at a particular beer, drink, place, or have anything to say to me, email me at monksandmalts@gmail.com. Find me on Facebook and Twitter (@ofmonksandmalts). You can also buy my pictures here: http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/robert-rizzolo.html.


No comments:

Post a Comment