Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Saison Rue

As you probably know, the necessary ingredients for making beer are water, malt, hops, and yeast. There are many adjunct ingredients that can be added as well. Saison Rue includes one of my favorite adjunct ingredients (rye), as well as one of my favorite yeasts (brettanomyces). 


I have done a few posts on beer by the Bruery, what I consider to be one of the most consistent sour beer makers in the US. Saison Rue is probably my favorite of their standard line of beers (Art of Darkness being my favorite of all of their beers). The nice part about Saison Rue is that it is both delicious AND relatively inexpensive. At 8.5% it is a good deal stronger than most saisons, but it isn't really noticed on the nose or in the flavor. The funk from the brett and the spice from the rye dominate the beer. It probably isn't a beer for everyone, but it should be. I really enjoyed this one. This was the first beer I tried from the Bruery and it made me trust them. Now, with each new bottle I drink, I remember why.  


Glassware: Saison glass, tulip

Synonym Beer: Hard to say, it is the only Rye saison that I have ever had. 

If you want me to look at a particular beer, drink, place, or have anything to say to me, email me at monksandmalts@gmail.com. Find me on Facebook and Twitter (@ofmonksandmalts). You can also buy my pictures here: http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/robert-rizzolo.html.



No comments:

Post a Comment