Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Fire Eagle

Here is a nice can that I received in a little beer exchange with my friend in Austin, TX. While I know I have brought up the topic before, I would suggest doing a beer exchange with a friend in a faraway land. Not only do get to try beer that you might never have the chance to drink, but you get to share something fun with a friend. 


Cans are the great equalizer in beer. Even just a handful of years ago, any beer that was in a can was just downright awful. I've already talked about the positives of cans and how craft brewers are turning to the can, so I won't go back into it. On to the beer. 

I was a bit surprised by how much I liked the Fire Eagle. I found it to be a very nicely hopped IPA. It was much more mellow than I find most IPAs, making a really drinkable beer. It had all of the piney hop aroma that I like from an IPA, but it wasn't excessively bitter. It was a perfect canned IPA in my opinion. Great for a day at the races, a picnic on the beach, or a snowy hike up a mountain. Or, you know, just drinking. 

Glassware: can, pint

Synonym Beer: Harpoon IPA

If you want me to look at a particular beer, drink, place, or have anything to say to me, email me at monksandmalts@gmail.com. Find me on Facebook and Twitter (@ofmonksandmalts). You can also buy my pictures here: http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/robert-rizzolo.html.



No comments:

Post a Comment