Thursday, January 31, 2013

Bruery Autumn Maple

If you are a consistent reader of the blog, then you know that when I try new beer, I prefer to do so with at least one other person. This is brought to an extreme whenever my family gets together. Generally we will split a beer between a minimum of 4 people, maximum of 10. This can be a disappointing experience if you are craving more of a beer, or welcome if you couldn't drink much more of that particular beer. 


For my particular tastes, the Bruery's Autumn Maple happened to be the latter. It is a Belgian-style brown ale brewed with maple, molasses, yams, and spices. I would not have thought there were yams used in the production of this beer at all, if it had not been for the label. It is a potent beer, at 10% ABV, so with flavor and strength, I would equate it to an Imperial Pumpkin beer, though that isn't really the case. I also liked this a hell of a lot more than I like pumpkin beers. While sweet, it wasn't overly spiced, making it relatively drinkable for me. That being said, splitting the 750 mL bottle between 4 people was a great choice. There are beer that you drink in high quantity and beer you don't. This one is certainly a low amount, sipping beer for me. Since this is the case for most high percentage beers, I won't consider this an insult, but rather a recognition that I like the beer and would like to keep it that way. 

Glassware: Snifter, Goblet, Tulip

Synonym Beer: Brooklyn Mary's Maple Porter (but lighter and spicier)

If you want me to look at a particular beer, drink, place, or have anything to say to me, email me at monksandmalts@gmail.com. Find me on Facebook and Twitter (@ofmonksandmalts). You can also buy my pictures here: http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/robert-rizzolo.html.



No comments:

Post a Comment