Monday, April 2, 2012

Hop Infused Bourbon

I am probably going to have a couple shorter posts this week, as my workload as gotten to a ridiculous level. This post is more of a warning than anything else. 

I decided to try to infuse bourbon with some hops because someone reached my blog by searching for "hop infused bourbon". I thought it was an interesting idea, so I went for it. I just added 3 Tettenanger  hop pellets to about 8 ounces of bourbon. You can see the hops hanging out at the bottom of the mason jar in the image below. 


In case you are planning to do this like I did, DON'T. Not that it is harmful or anything, but it just smells unpleasant and doesn't taste great either. Go for it if you don't mind wasting whatever amount of bourbon you use, but don't say I didn't warn you. Mostly, it smelled like either grass infused bourbon, or like someone was smoking pot nearby. Maybe there is some better way to do it, but I don't know what that is. If you do know, shoot me a message, because if done well, I think this could be cool. 

Again, just don't try it like I did. 

If you want me to look at a particular beer, drink, place, or have anything to say to me, email me at monksandmalts@gmail.com. You can send me cool photos too, if you like.



No comments:

Post a Comment