Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Saison Dupont Dry Hopping 2011

Please allow me to introduce you to a beer that (unless you were one of the 8 other people with whom I shared it) you will probably never get the chance to try. Seriously, there were only about 250 kegs and 500 bottles produced. 


This big-ass bottle of Saison Dupont Dry Hopping 2011 was, as it sounds, a dry hopped version of Saison Dupont that was brewed in 2011. It was given to me as a Christmas present by my sister's wonderful boyfriend, Howie. He managed to lug this thing back from his trip across Europe. For that, I am eternally grateful. 


Brasserie Dupont is one of my favorite breweries, not because they have one beer that I love, but because they have a lot of beer, all different, that I love. This gave me a chance to try yet another beer that I now love. It was very similar to standard Saison Dupont in many respects. It differed in that it had a slightly maltier, heavier body, and a bit more hop bitterness. It was a different beer. I drank it at this past Christmas, when it was a year aged, which in hindsight was probably a mistake. Lighter beers should be consumed sooner to get the full effect. Nevertheless, it was still a wonderful beer that came in a large enough vessel that I was able to share it with my whole family, which is quite a task. 


Great news everyone! According to my sources at Vanberg and Dewulf (their website), the 2013 version of the Saison Dupont Cuvée Dry Hopping will be available in the US! You can do whatever you want, but I will certainly buy one if I can get my hands on it.

Glassware: Saison glass, tulip, snifter

Synonym Beer: Saison Dupont (duh)


If you want me to look at a particular beer, drink, place, or have anything to say to me, email me at monksandmalts@gmail.com. Find me on Facebook and Twitter (@ofmonksandmalts). You can also buy my pictures here: http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/robert-rizzolo.html.







No comments:

Post a Comment